Author: Dr T.R. Shantala Priyadarshini
1. Include more fruits in your daily diet helps (grapes-lemon-apples-banana-oranges etc.)
2. Chew each morsel of food 30-40 times before swallowing
3. Eat steamed freshly bought vegetables. Green leafy veggies may be balanced for Vayu doshas by cooking with ginger, cumin, coriander and asafetida.
4. Drink a glass of water upon waking, just after visiting bathroom
5. Dry fruits like raisins, dates or figs to be soaked overnight and eaten in the morning.
6. Eat papaya before or after meals is helpful not only in relieving constipation but also helps you look young.
7. Lemon juice squeezed in a cup of hot water with a pinch of salt to be taken early morning ?daily
8. One hour before your wakening time drink 1-2 cups of saline hot water and then go back to bed again ?this helps clear your bowels
9. Adding 1-2 spoons of castor oil to milk and drinking it daily at bedtime helps
10. Avoid eating lot of spices, fried food, frozen food and food/drinks with preservatives, don’t suppress natural urges.
11. Squat for 10 minutes first thing in morning to relieve gas and stimulate apana Vayu (downward air movement) to induce urge to pass stool. Twist the upper torso from side to side to trigger energy points on the lower belly for the same goal.
12. Then squat on toilet or place feet on small step bench when attempting to pass stool.